VEGAN COCONUT YOGURT WAFFLES
Oils & Vinegars
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or olive oil
Nuts & Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Chia seed
- 1 tbsp Flax seed
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, dairy free
- 1 Yogurt, Dairy free
- 1 Berry compote
- 1 Banana
- 1 Fruit, Fresh
- 1 1/4 cup Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats, gluten free
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Nutella
Baking & Spices
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 Coconut whipped cream
- 1 3/4 cup Gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract, pure
- Combine almond milk and vinegar in a medium-size mixing bowl and let set for 5 minutes.
- Then add yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and whisk thoroughly to combine. Set aside. (If coconut oil hardens, reheat in the microwave. If you don't have a microwave, simply proceed as instructed.)
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated. Let set for 10 minutes while your waffle iron preheats. (I set mine to 4 out of 5 for a crispier waffle, but adjust yours according to preference.)
- Once waffle iron is ready, generously coat with non-stick spray or coconut oil and pour on about 1/2 cup of batter. Cook according to manufacturer instructions and then remove and place on a cooling rack set on a baking sheet in a 200 degree oven to keep warm (optional). Do not stack and instead keep them in a single layer to ensure crispiness.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings. Store leftovers in a freezer safe bag and reheat in the toaster for best results. Will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month, although they're freshest within the first couple weeks.